What the Experts Say
Felicia Drury Climent
Author, The Acid Alkaline Balance Diet, Adjunct Professor, City College, New York
"After years of very positive continuous clinical experiment that I am conducting with hundreds of clients using electronically restructured alkaline
water, it is my opinion that this technology will change the way in which all health providers and the public will approach their health in the coming years.
...My suggestion is to drink restructured alkaline water whenever possible.
Dr. Susan Lark
University lecturer and author of The Chemistry Of Success, says: "Drinking four to six glasses of alkaline water a day will help to neutralize over acidity and over time will help to restore your buffering ability. Alkaline water should be used when conditions of over acidity develop, such as cold, flu or bronchitis. Like vitamins C, E and Beta Carotene, alkaline water acts as an antioxidant because of its excess supply of free electrons. This can help the body against the development of heart disease, strokes, immune dysfunctions, and other common ailments."
David Niven Miller,
Anti-aging expert and author of Grow Youthful
"Increasing your consumption of good quality tap water or filtered water can transform your health and play a central role in the healing of virtually all degenerative diseases. However, alkaline water has profound long-term effects because it alkalizes your body and provides and effective antioxidant."
Author, Reverse Aging
"Here is the simple process of aging. Every living cell within our body creates waste products. The nutrients from our food are delivered to each cell and they burn with oxygen to provide energy for us to live. The burned nutrients are the waste products. The food that is either good or bad for you is determined by the amount and quality of the wastes produced: toxic, acid, alkaline, etc. Most of our cells go through metabolism and old dead cells become waste products."
"These waste products must be discharged from our body. In fact, our body tries its best to dispose of them through urine and perspiration. Virtually all waste products are acidic; that is why urine is acidic and skin surface is also acidic. The problem is that, due to several reasons, our body cannot get rid of 100% of the waste products it produces."
"The main reason for this is our lifestyle. We stay up late and get up early. We do not take time to rest; some of us work more than one job. We, therefore, spend more time producing waste products than processing them."
Dr. Robert O. Young, PhD
In his book, The pH Miracle says it this way:
"Those willing to look again, and with clear eyes, will be rewarded with the secrets to permanent health. We can heal ourselves by changing the environment inside our bodies. Potentially harmful invaders, then, will have nowhere to grow and will become harmless."
Dr Hidemitsu Hayashi
Director of the Water Institute, Tokyo,
He says that bad diets such as meat and potatoes, fried foods, soft drink colas, and sugars build up acid salts in the body. Often these deposits, by having to be stored away from the blood flow, can remain in the body for decades. He recommends the consumption of ionized alkaline water, which will slowly and gently wash these salts away.
Dr Howard Hay(1930)
"...people with more acidic blood were more likely to be ill. He defined a pH range of 7.4 to 7.5 to be associated with good health. When foods are metabolized, acids are produced which are neutralized by the alkaline salts (carbonates) of calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium. Foods containing chlorine, phosphorous, sulfur and nitrogen, animal products and refined carbohydrates tend to be acid forming."
The Wright Diet,
"...the over-acid person as being grouchy, sensitive, exhausted, inclined to aches and pains, headaches, and problems with sleeping and acidity of the stomach. Smokers have been found to have a high acid content in their urine. Cravings appear to be reduced on a more alkaline diet."
Dr Arthur M. Ecano, MD
Says that.. "if the world has accepted antioxidants to slow down the aging process, it should readily agree to the uses of ionized alkaline water as an antiaging agent. Their roles are closely linked and intertwined such that a lasting antiaging program is incomplete without addressing both free radicals and organic acid wastes."
Are You Acid or Alkaline?
What do the experts say?
It's quite easy to know whether you need to alkalize before making your decision to invest in alkaline balancing systems.
Although the vast majority of Westerners are overloaded with acid waste, there are a very few who are not.
In her excellent book The Chemistry of Success Dr Susan M. Lark MD says that understanding the importance of your pH balance will lead you to the realisation that peak performance and general health are intimately related, and that robust health is essential if you want to meet your goals in life.
Dr Lark lists the benefits of maintaining a healthful state of slight alkalinity:
(Please note this is for education purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat. Consult a qualified medical practitioner when considering any health regimen modification.)
Peak performance benefits
- May increase Physical vitality and stamina
- May enhance mental clarity and acuity
- May increase ability to get on with other people.
- May increase optimism and vision.
- May give faster recovery from illness, injury, and exertion (including colds, flu, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, allergies, traumatic injury and surgery)
- May give increased resistance to illness (colds, flu, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia)
- May reduce incidence of digestive problems such as heartburn, irritable colon, Crohn’s disease and colitis.
- May reduces risk of and increases relief from urinary tract conditions such as bacterial cystitis, interstitial cystitis, and uric-acid kidney stones.
- May reduce risk of gout.
- May reduces risk of and helps in treatment of rheumatoid artritis and other autoimmune diseases.
- May lower risk of osteoporosis and promotes bone and teeth growth.
- May aid in prevention and treatment of diabetes.
- May reduce hypertension.
- May also reduce the risk of cancer.
Take The Test:
Are You Overly Acidic?
* I do not feel the best when I eat fast foods, fried foods, colas or desserts.
* I do not feel my best when I eat red meat or red meat dishes.
* I do not tolerate acidic condiments like vinegar or red meat dishes.
* I regularly consume processed and refined foods that contain chemical additives.
* I regularly consume breads and baked goods made with white flour and sugar.
* I eat few fruits and vegetables.
* I drink more than one cup of coffee or tea a day
* I frequently take Vitamin C, aspirin or antibiotics.
* I do not tolerate alcohol.
* I have a history of cigarette smoking.
* I frequently travel by plane
* I often feel exhausted after vigorous exercise or work.
* I often experience fatigue or lack of stamina.
* I run out of breath when running up stairs or walking briskly.
* I am physically and mentally tired after an hour of desk work.
* I am pessimistic, with little initiative.
* I have thin, porous bones.
* I have poorly developed muscles
* I often experience muscle stiffness and soreness.
* I am over fifty years old.
Medical History Markers
* I catch colds and flu frequently.
* I am susceptible to hearburn, canker cores, food and environmental allergies, and sore throat.
* I have a history of (are affected by) osteoporosis, arthritis, gout, lung disease or kidney disease.
Are You a high Alkaline Producer?
* I am able to sprint up stairs
* I have great physical endurance.
* I am always on the go and full of energy.
* I need only a few hours sleep.
* I am a leader at work and in my community.
* I prefer highly active sports and high stress activities.
* I am able to digest a wide range of foods.
* I feel relaxed and healthy while leading a full life.
* I typically have lots of energy in the midst of intense emotions and high drama.
* I can do desk work for long hours without becoming tired or losing mental acuity.
* I am an optimist.
* I easily maintain an active social life.
* I am free of allergies.
* I have a stocky build and large frame.
* I am strong and large-boned.
* I have well-developed muscles.
According to Dr Lark, the results you get show tendencies, not necessarily actualities. Look at them in relation to how you feel and make your own decision.
There are ample markers here for your to self-assess with reasonable accuracy, but without expert medical advice you cannot rule our a pre-existing health condition that may be causing the trend you see in this test.
Between the ages of thirty and fifty
at least several of your vital chemical/metabolic functions cease operating at peak efficiency due to acumulative effects of the wear and tear of daily life. It is rare to have only one symptom; you will almost always identify a number of markers in the above test, if not a breakdown in several areas.
Symptom variations are limitless.
A fifty year old man may have a high frequency of allergy symptoms, low libido and high blood pressure. His female partner on the same diet may have digestion problems, an overly acid stomach, increasing fatigue, hot flushes and other transitional menopausal symptoms.
It's important to understand that change has to occur holistically rather than symptom-by-symptom. We need to change the way our body functions at its most basic level rather than find yet another antidote for the latest symptom, which may just be another manifestation of pH imbalance.
This is why alkaline water is so effective; with water comprising 60-70% of a middle aged body, changing water pH has the ability to reduce acidity almost immediately. The advantage of using an IONLIFE alkalizing water ionizer is that you always have the choice of alkalinity level and ordinary filtered H2O, so you can use the alkalizer as a complete balancing tool. An extended acid-producing activity (excess work or physical activity, stress etc) can be responded to immediately.
If you are a natural alkaline producer we do not recommend the use of a water alkalizer. In fact you may need acid-producing foods and liquids to maintain your own optimum pH balance. It's very important to consult with your physician about any change you are contemplating and this is no exception.